About the role :
The Account Executive is responsible for selling primary and ancillary communications solutions to small and medium sized businesses within a specified territory. Primary services include coax delivered Internet, video and voice. Ancillary services include custom hosting, desktop security, data back-up, data storage, toll free, additional email addresses, static IPs and more. The AE achieves sales and revenue goals through successful prospecting for new customers as well as the successful sale of bundled services to new customers. The AE is responsible for generating all sales leads through a variety of prospecting tactics and working every lead from initial contact to sale. The AE is responsible for the development and implementation of a Territory Plan (under the instruction of the Sales Manager) which is designed to expand the customer base within their assigned territory. The AE is 100% focused on generating new Internet, voice and video customers.
- Place orders through order management software. Work with Account Coordinator in the event the order cannot be automated to ensure that all necessary administrative work necessary to support sales activities including sales orders, contracts, billing forms and sales reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Hand off customer service and non-sales related client inquiries to the Customer Service department; focus on selling
- Have a complete understanding of Spectrum Business coax services, rates (individual and bundled) and applicable taxes
- Demonstrate selling skills and product knowledge. Practice selling skills with other Account Executives regularly.
- Read sales books and take sales courses to learn new sales techniques; practice and implement new sales techniques regularly
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territory, including the use of Salesforce.com to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential
- Meet and exceed performance standards as defined by the department Standards of Performance (SOP) and the Spectrum Way Sales Model
- Attend and participate in sales meetings as established by management
Candidate requirements :
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of communications technologies and services, with an emphasis on telephone and Internet fundamentals
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Outside sales experience in a high transaction, short closing cycle model preferred; 3-5 years
- Business to business sales experience preferred
- Proven sales history of meeting or exceeding targets preferred