About the role :
as and advanced network technician You’ll be responsible for the installation, monitoring, testing, and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment both in technical facilities as well as on customer property. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of our fiber optic network to ensure a best in class customer experience.
- Assembling, installing, testing, and turn-up of high-speed transport equipment such as Ciena 6500, Tellabs 7100, Fujitsu 9500, and other ROADM equipment.
- Installing Cisco routers and Ethernet systems such as Overture and Ciena to provide Ethernet services up to 1 GB.
- Conducting fiber locates, monitoring of construction activity, and work closely with outside plant engineering for planned construction and relocation.
- Performing fiber splicing and termination for new builds and restorations on multiple types of cable.
- Performing maintenance of new and existing circuits through troubleshooting and fault isolation techniques.
- Utilizing various types of test equipment to isolate and resolve customer circuit outages.
- Coordinating test, turn-up, and acceptance of customers’ service with all local and remote groups.
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Equipment knowledge including, but not limited to, transmission equipment manufactured by Nortel, Siemens, Fujitsu, Alcatel, and Ciena.
- Working knowledge of SONET ring, DWDM and WDM fiber systems.
- Working knowledge of basic Customer Premise Equipment installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with troubleshooting to support all transmission levels, DS1 – OC192 including Ethernet.
- Experience working independently and with minimal oversight.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work on a 24×7 on-call rotation and occasional weekends.