About The Role:
An IT career at Chevron offers you the opportunity to work in a technical environment with a global reach. You’ll find that we make a business of investing in our people and encouraging your professional development through a learning culture and challenging on-the-job opportunities. We differentiate ourselves through the application of cutting-edge technology, and by taking a collaborative approach that includes in-house expertise, proprietary solutions, and strategic partnerships. We also offer flexible work schedules and very competitive benefits.
- Supports the software development lifecycle for software solutions.
- Deploys, configures, and supports business applications.
- Configures, customizes, and integrates vendor-sourced enterprise software with other internal systems.
- Updates existing code to debug or incorporate minor enhancements.
- Develops deep domain knowledge by understanding business processes.
- Elicits business requirements and translates business needs into fit-for-purpose actionable plans.
- Actively participates in an integrated DevOps Team utilizing Agile methodologies with strong change management focus.
- Provides daily operational support for several applications by troubleshooting incidents to identify root causes and solutions, identifying and resolving problems, designing and implementing configuration changes and monitoring performance.
- Proactive communication and quick response to production issues and project work. Strong customer focus.
- Monitors interfaces/data loads, administer security, and provide feedback/solutions on application performance.
- Identifies areas for improvement and partners with Software Engineers/team members to address tactical and strategic issues.
- Develops and maintains support documentation.
- Maintains IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate.
- Skilled in scripting to automate workflow, and in low code development platforms.
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to engage difficulties with persistence.
- Self-directed, flexible, working with minimal supervision, takes initiative, displays a high degree of ownership.
- Organized and skilled at planning. Ability to work from a high-level to a low level of detail and handle multiple assignments with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Experience/knowledge in Agile SAFe, Kanban and Scrum methodologies.