About the role :
At Block, IT is building a best-in-class platform of services. Our goal is to choose the best tools available to allow Block employees to collaborate, design, build, and grow. Our customers constitute a diverse and geographically distributed workforce, and so our service platform must be adaptable and available wherever it’s needed.
As an Atlassian Solution Architect, you are Block’s resident Atlassian expert. You will design and help support scalable and interoperable solutions for Block’s cloud and data center instances of Jira, Service Management, and Confluence platforms. You will work with internal customers to identify their Atlassian needs, promote best practices, and take an active role in designing the architecture of Atlassian solutions to ensure collaboration across the company while ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance. You will have a direct hand in determining the future of Atlassian platforms at Block that touch several departments across multiple brands in the organization.
- Oversee and scale the Atlassian ecosystem ensuring Block IT provides best-in-class services to its customers
- Guide solution design, architecture, and implementation across Block’s Atlassian platforms
- Partner with IT customers to design and support important business and technical processes, often including complex project delivery with third-party system integration and custom scripting.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for Atlassian platforms. Provide regular communications about changes.
- Participate in the M&A process, integrating and migrating acquired companies’ Atlassian systems into Block’s SaaS ecosystem
- Provide guidance and implementation on best-in-class automation and integrations within Block’s Atlassian systems.
- Build deeper integrations between services and create scalable automation by applying APIs or writing new code.
- Operate and build partnerships with teams throughout Block to identify productivity needs and help pair them with solutions.
- Advocate, educate and document as a subject matter expert and a promoter for best practices within the Atlassian platform among IT admins, Jira/Confluence super user groups, and business process owners.
- 5 + years of Jira administration experience within a large enterprise environment.
- Experience managing and scaling Atlassian’s Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud products in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in Ruby, Python, and experience working with Atlassian REST APIs
- Experience with building custom solutions, integrations with Jira Service Management, and Jira Software
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, with technical and non-technical teams.
- Passion and understanding of relationship building between technology and your customer.
- Experience with Atlassian product apps/add-ons such as Scriptrunner and Insight
- Conceptual and practical understanding of ITIL and CI/CD