1. Directs the planning and development of operating budgets for the component, in coordination with the university budget office, controller’s office, Associate Vice Presidents, Deans, and/or Chief Executive Officers of the component.
2. Coordinates the development of budget guidelines, annual legislative funding requests, and budget documents.
3. Serves as primary liaison with representatives of external funding agencies and organizations, as appropriate; provides special data and analysis; negotiates preliminary funding approvals.
4. Serves as legislative liaison, as appropriate to the position; provides information to bill sponsors, reviews legislation, and informs management of legislative funding proposals.
5. Reviews availability of funding and approves budget revision requests for unrestricted funding, requisitions for faculty recruitment, faculty contracts, and new staff positions.
6. Reviews and advises the vice president on the financial viability/cost-benefit, and the relative ranking of capital requests and special project/program proposals for funding.
7. Compiles scheduled and special reports, analyses, and feasibility studies such as annual data summaries and program status reports.
8. Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and procedures; may serve on university planning and policy-making committees.
9. Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
10. Performs research and analysis to evaluate programs and develop recommendations for more cost-effective organization or funding mechanisms.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Candidate requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.