About The Role:
We are seeking a driven Business Analyst who has the knowledge and experience to turn data into insights through metrics reporting, visualization mechanisms, business case development, and continuous improvement initiatives. Reporting to the Manager, Business Performance Field Operations Services (FOS), the Business Analyst will partner with the Operations, Safety Team, Commercial, Marketing, Corporate Services, and Engineering groups to increase system efficiency and effectiveness through analytics.
- Collect, analyze, and present operational data to management and other partners
- Work product and focus on operational excellence and organizational efficiency
- Work in a team environment, supporting the Business Unit collaboratively and consistently within a service delivery model
- Track performance and compliance regarding Corporate, Business Unit, and Regional metrics/scorecards
- Quickly and effectively use tools in the Microsoft Office suite to manipulate and report information mined from various sources
- Organize and complete activities on multiple projects concurrently and in a timely manner
- Comprehend and assimilate complex business processes
- Participate in the development and implementation of data driven strategies
- Deeply understand business processes and data needs as it relates to Business functional groups
- Evaluate current processes and make recommendations for future state and continuous improvement
- Gather business requirement and facilitate key business initiatives in partnership with the business functional groups and Information Systems
- Deliver analytical support to teams leading to key program insights that identify performance and process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with leadership, front line, and stakeholder groups
- Partner with 3rd Party consultants and internal partners to conduct research, benchmarking and best in class studies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, or other technical discipline
- 6 or more years of related experience
- High level of expertise with Microsoft programs including Power BI, Excel, SharePoint, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficient data management skills, including design and creation of reports, analytical/reporting tools, querying data warehouse and data warehouse solutions.
- Ability to utilize operational data from various sources to generate reports that are required to maintain regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps in processes and identify alternatives, work among a team to evaluate pro/con options and drive respective gap to closure for holistic solutions.
- Proven ability to analyze and effectively communicate data story to teams and leadership
- Strong natural gas pipeline business acumen
- Must possess the following competencies: Safety, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Facilitating Change, Work Standards.