About the role :
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Business Analyst.
- Prepare materials for data governance forums and produce data related governance papers.
- Support data governance activities in market by analyzing relevant metrics, tracking on risks, issues, and actions to ensure progress on resolution.
- Support market data lead to implement minimum standards for HSBC data controls framework.
- Provide SME support and guidance on data-related programs, to ensure data management frameworks are followed and the needs of stakeholders are appropriately captured and aligned.
- Support the team in sharing data best practices with cluster markets.
- Help develop training materials for foundational data trainings.
- Educate control operators on data controls and ensure controls are implemented accordingly.
- Collaborate with business and data commercialization teams to explore and test growth propositions.
- Become a trusted advisor, manage stakeholder’s expectations and working relationship with the teams with focus on transparency and collaboration. Influence the delivery approach, building stakeholder buy-in around delivery, commitments, and changes.
Candidate requirements :
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in data management and 5+ years’ banking / financial sector, with strong awareness of industry data practice, tools and processes.
- Prior consulting experience would be a plus.
- Strong research, analysis and report writing skills are essential.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to constructively challenge.
- Ability to interact and build relationship with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Organized and well structured.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, focused, detail-oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential.
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy while also being able to work in a collaborative team.
- Experience in BI / Reporting / Visualization will be a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.