About the role :
We are looking for a cable technician who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, responsible for professionally installing cable in field site hole and spool the cable as it is pulled from the hole.
- Under direct supervision, performs basic operations to test and repair downhole cable for submersible pumps and motor equipment.
- Receives cable and carries out basic tests. Uses hipot machine to make basic repairs and learns how to splice cable.
- Completes paperwork to send cable to inventory or field. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- This is an entry level position where the employee is expected to learn all relevant company HSE policies and procedures and to demonstrate their application into his/her duties.
Candidate requirements :
- Must have a satisfactory driver record with no DWI/DUI convictions in the past three years or any current DWI/DUI charges
- Able to lift up to 60lbs
- Able to pass background, physical and drug screen
- Able to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, long work days, and/or irregular work hours, be on-call with short notice and exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Maintains effecting working relationship with other employees