Career EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Engineer performs systems studies, project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction management related to the construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. This engineer is subject to overtime response for emergency event support.
- Develop and maintain a plan for future improvements and expansions of the gas distribution systems in assigned areas.
- Develop engineering designs, cost estimates, and project management for gas distribution systems.
- Plan, design, budget, engineer, and manage gas construction projects related to reliability, government highway projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the gas distribution system.
- Provide technical support to Distribution Design Supervisor, Field Engineering Representatives, Distribution Design Specialists, the Gas Construction Supervisors, other departments, customers and other organizations.
- Ensure and maintain Gas Code Compliance facilities data.
- As required, prepare bid packages and present information to contractors at bid meetings.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks, including emergencies, as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Gas transmission and/or distribution related engineering experience preferred.