About the role :
The Chemist & Material Scientist will act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Designs engineering solutions for chemical- based processes, technologies, and formulations for product design and manufacturing based on established chemistry and engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements chemical process and operating equipment specifications, chemical formulations, and test plans for new and existing products; assists manufacturing partners with issue diagnosis and problem-solving.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced research and development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Candidate requirements :
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science; MS or PhD desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong command of general principles of chemistry/physics/material science
- Ability to connect general principles to practice
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Structure-property relationships, optimization of complex mixtures
- Ability to present data and results clearly and concisely in multiple forms (oral presentation, technical reports, and internal publications)
- Experience working or researching in multi- or cross-disciplinary teams is a plus