Requisition ID: 147939
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit OGC Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewWe are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
District OverviewKiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-focused engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery. Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
LocationThis position is based out of our Energy Corridor Office in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities• Assist in the development of 3D models for grade surface, roads, paving, and drainage utilizing Autodesk Civil 3D Software and determine earth work volumes and calculations as required
• Works independently and collaboratively to develop complex drawings utilizing full functionality of the software
• Provides solutions to complex problems utilizing industry and company standards
• Capable of leading a team to complete design / tasks in an efficient and timely manner
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines to develop accurate models and construction documents
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
Qualifications• Associate degree or High School diploma + 2 years’ experience as a minimum.
• 2-4 year minimum relevant experience in civil design of land development, roadway design and civil engineering related projects. Oil & Gas facility and/or midstream design experience preferred.
• Strong technical background in general site civil design, drainage systems, grading and roads/paving.
• Knowledgeable in civil engineering design software; Autodesk Civil 3D experience is a must.
• Knowledge in creating and utilizing 3D grading surfaces required.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with others to accomplish common goals and objectives.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.