About the role :
Perform clerical work requiring application of various work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices.
- Receiving, classifying, and routing incoming mail and serve as a backup to the receptionist.
- Check, analyze, and classify/alphabetize materials and conduct limited research when necessary.
- Making postings to various departmental records and prepare reports involving tabulations or posted data and simple math calculations.
- Conduct limited research of records for information relating to taxes, titles, judgments, or verification or location of other records or information.
- Receive and issue receipts for payments for licenses, permits, certificates, bonds, service, etc.
- Issue licenses, permits, certificates, or other legal documents, and/or titles in accordance with departmental rules and regulations.
- Indexes records and information and file in established files.
- Operating a typewriter, adding machine, calculator, copier, and/or other office machines.
- Calculating, preparing and mailing bills for documents or services.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
Candidate requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 year experience in clerical work, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.