About the role :
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Consultant Specialist.
• Develop and lead junior teammate to implement IT solutions to meet business users’ requirements
• Supporting team lead to run all necessary agile ceremony and handle various team activities, such as prepare project related documentation and provide support on compliance and audit query
• Conduct unit tests, system tests, user acceptance tests, regression tests and provide support on system implementation
• Ensure a high quality standard of deliverables according to HSBC standards and best practices
• Work closely with Risk IT global team on joint development and maintenance projects
• Act as architect role to deliver future state architecture to replacing existing legacy batch based system
• Conference call after office hour may require when participate in project involve America’s colleagues.
Candidate requirements :
• A university graduate with degree in computer science or a related discipline
• 5+ years IT experience in system development
• Fluent oral English is required to participate in various daily conference call with colleagues around the world
• Solid skill set and development experience in Java, Unix/Linux, Git and Maven is essential. Experience of Python, Scala is a plus
• Solid skill set and development experience in Cloud, Kubernetes & distributing system design and implementation.
• Solid knowledge of Spring framework, hands on development experience on Spring & Spring Boot, Restful API development.
• Technical experience in system architecture design will be strong advantage
• Technical experience in micro service architecture, Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, Google Cloud Platform will be strong advantage
• Agile or DevOps experience will be strong advantage
• Business knowledge in Traded Risk will be an advantage
• Strong problem solving skills, able to work independently and under pressure against multiple deadlines
• Strong communication skills and documentation skills,
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent time management skills and strong initiative
• Any Open Source project participation or any Github or blog publication will be an advantage
• Cantonese speaking is an advantage