About the role :
As a Consumer Loan Specialist, you will go through an on-the-job training program to enhance skills and encourage internal advancement. Your primary responsibility is to ensure a positive total customer experience while originating consumer loans, completing loan applications, developing strong customer relationships and meeting sales goals. Keys to success include a professional demeanor, outgoing/positive attitude, reliability, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Actively seeks opportunities to originate new loan business with new and existing customers.
- Evaluates customer needs to recommend the best consumer loan and voluntary product solutions.
- Completes loan applications, proposals and offers for new borrowers and follows up with pending applicants.
- Assists potential borrowers by explaining the loan process, answering questions regarding loan products and loan processing.
- Takes ownership of customer concerns and works with management to formulate and execute strategies for potential problem loans.
- Closes loans, assembles loan folders, and breaks down files as well as other miscellaneous tasks.
- Consistently meets or exceeds loan goals.
- Responsible for day-to-day servicing of an ever-growing, complex consumer loan portfolio.
- Applies analytical skills to quickly and efficiently resolve any customer issues.
- Processes insurance claims, follow-ups and payments daily and maintains insurance log.
- Provides excellent customer care through daily transactions, customer inquiries and problem resolution.
- Answers incoming phone calls; checks branch’s voicemail.
- Effectively builds trust with customers and internal staff by embodying and demonstrating the philosophy of the organization, including core values, company policies, operational procedures and compliance.
Candidate requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience (i.e., retail sales, goal-oriented or incentive based).
- Creative problem solving, analytical decision making, organization and time management skills.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, strong communication and customer relations skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a high-performing, fast-paced, goal-oriented, team environment.
- Must be able to successfully navigate priorities while paying close attention to details.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows & Microsoft Office.
- Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required.
- Must meet our acceptable standards for criminal background history, credit history and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to meet the eligibility requirements for insurance licensing in order to sell voluntary insurance products. Eligibility is based on a criminal background check conducted by the state’s department of insurance.