About the role :
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in an ever-changing and dynamic environment? If so, we are currently looking for a Control Centre Operator to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely and efficiently control a liquid pipeline(s) or liquid terminal system(s) using SCADA software under direct supervision of a qualified Control Centre Operator. You will also acquire the ability to recognize and respond to abnormal and emergency conditions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot abnormal operating conditions and learn to take appropriate action, including emergency system shutdown should such action be required.
- Acquire working knowledge to execute all procedures related to the functional area of responsibility.
- Complete all training program requirements such as Operator Qualification, Control Centre Operations (CCO) Best Operating Practices, Procedure Reviews, Simulation training, Emergency Response training, etc.
- Learn to communicate with appropriate internal customers and external shipper control centres to ensure the safe operation of the functional area of responsibility while abiding to the company established guidelines.
- Gather the appropriate information as required to complete, maintain and update records in a timely manner on a number of Enbridge systems.
- Understand product contamination and learn how to maintain product measurement/quality through effective communication and use of tools available.
- Comprehend power consumption concepts and overall efficiency of a liquids pipeline system.
- Learn to identify and analyze problems with the multiple systems used to monitor and control the liquids pipeline system, as well as learn which support personnel to contact in order to rectify these problems in a timely manner.
- Participate in company and departmental objectives and initiatives, continually striving towards personal development and operational improvement opportunities
- A two-year technical diploma is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered with good working knowledge of the industry. The individual must be team oriented and function effectively in a shift work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong commitment to customer service and a willingness to work in a team environment are essential.
- Direct experience and knowledge of pipeline, terminal or gas transmission operations with a solid understanding of fluid hydraulics would be an asset.
- Share our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Inclusion.
- Preference will be given to candidates with shift work experience including having worked nights and rotating schedules
- You will undergo various background screening that includes but is not limited to 5-year driving record, criminal check and a company sponsored medical.