CSS Well Performance ServiceFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The main objective of the service provider in the R&D CCS Program is to guarantee the robustness of the injection profiles of CO2 projects.
- Monitoring the PVT data acquisition & development of CO2 fluid models (model with pure CO2 & CO2 with impurities). Test & recommend the level of integration in the various well models (Ledaflow, Olga) or reservoir flow models (GEM, IX, EclipseE300, TPP).
- Develop & testing of the simulation coupling between well & reservoir models in Steady State. Perform matching, design & testing for various scenarios.
- Improve the representation of near-well flows during transient phases of shutdown, restart or loss of control at the wellhead (coupling between well models and reservoir models).
- Preparation of testing scenarios for a flow qualification pilot and design of completion equipment.
- Regular co-ordination with CCUS projects team (Customer Line), technical team (Technical Line) & Flow Assurance R&D,
Despite a strong focus on CO2 Thermodynamics & well/Reservoir coupling for this service, there is a plethora of CO2 Well Performance related themes that are studied & developed. It would be expected that the service provider would contribute to the development of existing & new initiatives such as:
- Experimental observations, measurements & mitigations of CO2 Hydrates.
- Reservoir Surface Coupling using complex operating optimization.
- Development of demonstration cases using new integrated multi-physics softwares (GEOSX)
- Advanced expertise in Petroleum Engineering.
- The languages of the service will be English and French.
- Expertise in Flow Assurance Software (Ledaflow, Olga).
- Expertise in Reservoir Simulation Packages (Eclipse, IX, GEM, TPP).
- Expertise in basic coding in Python, Matlab, VBA, C++.