As part of a team of online analytics specialists, you’re deeply committed to the two-sided challenge of driving all aspects of the extraction of insights from the inconsistent and intangible world of internet data and delivering insight to the business leaders looking for every opportunity to bring to bear just a little more out of every click. Being aware of how frustratingly valuable web data can be, you’re able to utilize advanced data-science techniques to extract a broad and in-depth understanding of the data. You understand business strategies that are fueled by the output of this process.
– Develop and maintain working relationships with a core group of business partners needing a clear understanding of the website functionality, business performance, and visitor experiences.
– Translate complex data and methodology into strategic, operationally practical insights.
– Provide intellectual and interpretive leadership on the meaning of data generated by the Apple Online Store as implemented in a multiplicity of electronic environments.
– Explore complex data sources, becoming a subject matter expert in customer behavior across Apple’s online retail platforms.
– Work with the Online Analytics Manager to gather requirements and perform exploratory analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and insights towards optimizing the online retail experience.
– Work closely with the web data infrastructure teams on the definition and implementation of new information to ensure comprehensive coverage and descriptive precision.
– Support the generation of automated reporting and insights through the development of dashboard resources that measure customer engagement and the business impact of Apple’s online retail platforms.
– Help ensure the consistency and availability of web analytics across all countries in which the Apple Online store does business.
Skills & Requirements:
– 3-5 years retail online analytics reporting experience with Adobe/Omniture data capture system.
– Strong in web analytics technology applications.
– Demonstrated ability to extract, conceptualize and communicate the significant patterns of visitor behavior from web data that identify meaningful business opportunities.
– Advanced command of data visualization techniques.
– Expert knowledge of web tools and resources, self-serve, and data science technologies: SQL, Python, R, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Excel, Keynote.
– In-depth knowledge of shell-scripting technologies such as Python, PHP, Bash, VBA, etc.
– Significant experience working with large data resources (Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
– Experience with data mining and modeling tools in SAS, R, etc., and familiarity with machine learning and data science libraries (e.g., sci-kit-learn, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, tidyverse, etc.).
– Excellent written and oral communications skills to prepare, present and explain complex analyses to key stakeholders including senior leadership.