About the role :
As a savvy Data Developer, you will play an active role throughout the development to sustainment cycle, from design, to build test and deploy; specializing in rapid deployment of data pipelines and business analytics solutions, including orchestration, automated testing and quality control, continuous integration/deployments, versioning and environment management.
Are you ready to help us solve problems we’ve never been able to address before? Join us and be part of transforming Suncor’s future!
- Work on multiple projects as a technical team member or lead, driving user story analysis and elaboration for data requirements
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed, design, and develop, construct and automate data pipelines that allow for leading edge analytical models
- Construct the production management and monitoring of data pipelines
- Provide in-depth knowledge of data modelling, warehousing and reporting platforms
Candidate requirements :
- Three years of experience in data modelling and data mining techniques
- Three years in ETL tools, techniques, data warehousing, and metadata and quality management
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related technical field
- Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets and experience working with various scripting and programming languages
- Experience with modern cloud-based data engineering tools such as Microsoft Azure, Spark, and Databricks, in addition to strong relational database skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and well-versed with fundamental programming concepts and/or data structures and algorithms
- Strong computing foundation and fundamentals, including experience with design patterns