About The Role:
The role includes business requirements management, source systems data analysis, source to target mapping, VIN/VID modelling and presentation layer design support. Data modelling responsibility should provide solutions to business teams that meets their functional requirements This role is responsible for ensuring correct business needs which are clearly identified and stated. The process includes all requirements needed to deliver and maintain the solution such as required performance, tools and reporting activities.
- Conducting Data Discovery activities on the Data Warehouse and Source Systems to analyse data and determine that it is ‘fit for purpose’
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyse data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and ODI mappings
- Ability to add tables, fields, relations on the model.
- Ability to model merge.
- Maintain technical and business Metadata in the Data Warehouse.
- Proficient in 3rd normal form relational modelling and dimensional modelling for data marts
- Guide Analysts & Data Engineers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
- Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required
- Facilitate the Finance and Commercial month end reporting cycle through communicating the schedule and managing any delivery impacts to timing and quality to stakeholders.
- Data mapping specification writing skills
- 10+ Years of total industry experience (5+ years data modelling) preferably in telecom environment.
- Data Modelling Concepts, ETL Tools Knowledge (Ab Initio & ODI & Informatica), Oracle SQL/PL
- Proficient in working on data modelling tools (Erwin/Power Designer). Preferred Power Designer
- Expert SQL and Database skills on Oracle
- Experience with a number of ETL tools. Preferred ODI, Ab Initio.