About the role :
As a data engineer you will be responsible for transforming large, complex data into consumable business databases and applications for self-service analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design and specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals. Determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis. Work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed their analysis. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding of internal business areas and processes as well as working knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL, implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow & analysis.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Optimize data sources and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality of all products utilizing trouble-shooting, design and development skills along with cross systems technical knowledge.
- Solves critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas; such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation within big data systems like Hadoop and SQL.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments, acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents to broader senior leadership team. Understands other business units and how they affect the team and work.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models.
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidate requirements :
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience