About the role :
the development technologist will be responsible for planning and executing specific projects in conjunction with a small project team to solve problems and drive result interpretation, communication and reporting with minimum supervision.
- Actively contribute to projects with minimal supervision. Projects will typically cover several product categories.
- Organise and execute pilot plant and scale up trials. Demonstrate good organisational skills including engagement with relevant analytical co-ordinators/lab managers.
- Deliver presentations as required to team members, internal stakeholders and clients as appropriate
- Provide technical direction within the team, including support on formulations and ingredient functionality.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role inc. Q-Pulse, LIMS etc.
- Work to the highest standards of food safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
Candidate requirements :
- Proactively identifying complex technical or business problems and creating and implementing solutions
- Applying technical curiosity and understanding to interpret and analyze data
- Degree in food related discipline or equivalent experience in the food industry