About the role :
This mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports and trailers. This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of our crude oil transport fleet in our Tuscon, AZ location.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work performed on transport vehicles.
- Perform tire changes.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs on fleet vehicles.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils, lubricants, shop supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service, PTO’s, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance activities as needed.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned vehicles and/or equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks, tankers and semi-trailers.
Candidate requirements :
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly desired.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2-year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years of a professional mechanic or technician experience related to diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems for tractors and trailers.