About The Role:
Provides technical support to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of pipelines, plants and field assets. Assumes responsibility for process simulation modeling, scope, design, equipment specification, cost estimates, bidding, installation and management of small projects. Performs trouble shooting and failure analysis and develops recommendations to improve equipment and performance. Works closely with multiple stakeholders including Operations, EHS and Commercial.
- Monitors plant and gathering system performance, compressor performance and sizing, and control systems performance as well as proposes changes to reduce upsets, increase reliability, improve efficiencies, increase production and reduce costs.
- Serves as a technical resource for troubleshooting system process problems and operations issues working with all levels of personnel such as operators, mechanics, supervisors, managers, right-of-way (ROW) landmen, attorneys, environmental professionals, etc.
- Performs technical and economic evaluation, performance testing, design and construction of new facilities/ equipment or upgrading existing facilities/ equipment while supporting safety and environmental risk management objectives.
- Builds and maintains various simulations for plant and compressor stations.
- Provides technical support for the Process Safety Management (PSM) of the plant and compressor stations and develops recommendations to reduce process safety risks.
- Anticipates business or regulatory challenges and recommends improvements.
- Engages in scoping, design, cost estimates, bidding, contractor selection, installation and management of small projects with the ability to interpret plans, drawings and specifications.
- Assists other departments within the organization in regulatory compliance efforts and proactively finds recommendations to operate within permit limits.
- Participates in incident investigations, various kinds of meetings, training and commercial support.
- Assists in maintaining project records and ensures compliance with government regulations and contracts.
- Assists other Engineers with their projects and helps them troubleshoot systems as necessary.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years related experience is required; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Developed process simulation skills on Promax and VMG/Symmetry or other similar software packages
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations such as DOT 192/195, OSHA 1910.119 and industry standards and practices such as ASTM, API, NACE, ASME, NFPA, DOT, etc.
- Knowledge of facility design practices including compression and separation, fluid flow, piping design, foundation design, structural design, instrument and electrical systems, distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), SCADA design, process control basics and safety systems.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) including Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Developed leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization.