About the role :
The Battery Storage Engineer is responsible for supporting development, engineering, and construction of Battery Energy Storage Systems, BESS. This position also includes duties in supporting interconnection activities for BESS and photovoltaic, PV, plants.
- 40% – Serves as subject matter expert for BESS plants on various project aspects including BESS sizing, inverter sizing, auxiliary power, grounding, metering schemes, SCADA design, etc. For areas beyond his/her skill set, responsible for communicating with internal engineering resources, or engaging outside resources as needed.
- 35% – Supports interconnection activities for project in development stage (interconnection applications) and during the project implementation (attends interconnection calls, prepares interconnection submittals, engages external consultants when needed, ensures deadlines are met, etc.) Supports interconnection of multiple projects at the time.
- 20% – Serves as Project Engineering and Construction Manager, PECM, on BESS projects when required, or supports other PECMs when needed.
- 5% – Other duties as assigned.
Candidate requirements :
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ year’s industry experience in BESS technology and/or PV technology.
- Understanding of power plant design and power system software.
- Understanding of major electric power equipment: transformers, inverters, cables…
- Basic understanding of Large Generation Interconnection activities, including but not limited to system equivalents, power flow, short circuit, transient simulations
- Extensive and diversified knowledge of relevant codes, standards and engineering principles and practices required to produce safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective designs
- Experienced with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with power system software analysis: PSS/E, PSLF PSCAD, ETAP, etc. is a plus. Knowledge of other software such as AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat , Tableau is another plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player