About the role :
Are you an engineer who has a passion for assessing the risk, reliability, and safety associated with pipeline systems? If so, a career in Enbridge’s Pipeline Integrity Safety Case team may be right for you!
- Participate in the development and technical reviews of Safety Cases, Major Accident Hazard assessments, engineering assessments, and operational change assessments for assets in the Enbridge Liquid Pipelines system.
- Provide technical expertise in the development, implementation, and execution of high-level programs, processes and policies which directly contribute to the continual improvement of Safety Case regime.
- Prepare and communicate recommendations to interdepartmental stakeholders and senior management to advise asset-specific integrity management strategy.
- Establish and maintain the processes and records associated with Safety Case assessments and related recommendations and reports.
- Participate in discussions with various external partners in support of projects or ongoing operations to demonstrate the safety of our system.
- Mentor team members, provide professional reviews, and foster a culture that demands high quality work.
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university or college.
- Professional Engineering designation.
- Minimum of four years of progressive and diverse pipeline experience.
- Safety and engineering knowledge of pipelines systems and/or facilities systems.
- Knowledge of the science, tools, and strategies used in pipeline and/or facility integrity management including but not limited to reliability and deterministic assessments using NDE and ILI data.
- Familiar with techniques and methods used to resolve and analyze process safety issues of importance and to make a judgment on the safety of a system (e.g., Safety Case, risk assessments, QRA).
- Understanding of the principles and concepts of process safety and safety management applicable to pipelines and/or facilities (e.g., criteria for accepting risk).
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and be capable of working within a team or autonomously.