About the role :
The Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This training program is approximately 12 months in length and includes both classroom and on-the-job training. Signal, Track, Engineering Services, Structures, Mechanical, Transportation, Environmental, Network Control Systems & Telecom departments. With challenging work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- The EFLS program is an intensive training program that lasts approximately 12 months
- EFLS will attend an initial 2-week orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX where trainees will learn about the BNSF culture, network with leaders of the company and receive leadership training
- From Fort Worth, trainees will attend a 2-week technical and personnel training conducted at our Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS where trainees will learn about operations and field safety
- 4 weeks of Signal Apprenticeship Training at the TTC in Overland Park, KS
- The remaining time will be spent completing on-the-job field training conducted at assigned training location which will include instructor led and web-based training courses as well as numerous job shadows across multiple departments
Candidate requirements :
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least Three (3) years of work experience supervising 5 or more employees in a fast-paced, outdoors, all weather conditions environment and/or a fast-paced electronic controls or signals environment.
- Able to work “on-call” for emergency situations
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and/or business need
- Valid Driver’s License