Field Engineer – Oil & Gas
Requisition ID: 150020
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: TIC Southern District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewAs an Field/Office Engineer II, you will be expected to be a job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a professional and ethical manner. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, your main functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues. We are looking for people who want to work out in the field on major construction projects.
District OverviewTIC-The Industrial Company is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. TIC-Southern District is a business unit of TIC-The Industrial Company. Headquartered in The Woodlands, TX, TIC Southern builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas. Located in Houston, TX, TIC-Southern is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work experiences and education, allowing the new employee to make significant contributions to the project success. Individuals seeking employment with a company known for their financial stability, a broad range of specialized capabilities, commitment to people development, and an outstanding performance record will find employment with TIC-Southern to be fulfilling career choice, with long-term benefit.
LocationThis position can be based in our OGC Hub offices in Houston, TX. We have projects across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
• Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
• Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
• Order and schedule material deliveries
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
• Supervise field operations
• Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
Qualifications• Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or related degree, or equivalent experience in a construction-related position
• 2+ years of related professional experience in the construction field
• Ability to travel and relocate as required
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Attention To Detail