About the role :
The Financial Analyst role serves as a consultative partner to business leaders to analyze complex business issues, develop fact-based recommendations, influence outcomes, and drive the implementation of processes that result in improved financial performance. Prior railroad experience is not required.
- Cultivate relationships with business partners to analyze marketing, operating, and capital projects to help make real-time business decisions
- Help develop and utilize financial models to quantify benefits and drive sound, fact-based economic decisions
- Help guide the development of short- and long-term forecasts, plans, and strategies.
- Consult and communicate analyses through presentations to senior management in the department and business partners from other departments
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manage
- CSX offers employees many opportunities to learn and develop professionally through online training sessions and webinars, manager coaching and mentorship, classroom-style learning, peer coaching, cross-training and stretch assignments. Employees can engage with colleagues through participation in business resource groups and community volunteerism, and they may take advantage of annual tuition reimbursement and tuition discount benefits which can be used at dozens of partnering colleges and universities.
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree/4-year Degree
- 1 or more years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Systems, Engineering, or other related major field
- Graduate Degree
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of financial concepts, discounted cash flow models, and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of cost allocation methodologies and the application of technology for decision support systems
- Analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and build working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to independently participate in and lead complex cross-functional project teams including directing or influencing the direction or activities of the team as appropriate
- Ability to understand, create, maintain, and modify complex financial models