- Perform operations geological duties as required by G&G department.
- Check and revision the implantation report for the wells to drill (electrical operations program,
geological formation tops, coring, and sampling) before signing.
- Preparation of packages for wells programmed for drilling (Daily Geological Report, Logging
procedure, excel file for MDT or XPT, Offset wells, etc…).
- Monitoring of ongoing drilling and workover operations on the Rig.
- Check the daily geological report and the lithology before put it on the GB server and to send to
- Identification of the Casings Points of the different phases of drilling in collaboration with the
Wellsite geologist on the Rig.
- Monitoring and processing of logging operations in the intermediate and final phases on the RigChoice and identification of the pressure points to be measured at the level of the reservoir, by
the MDT, XPT, or other.
- Updating of Composite Logs based on the new Master Tops and merged Logs (correction made
by the Petrophysicist).
- Ensure that the requested documents and data are sent to partners.
- Coordinate and oversee day-to-day geologic operations of the Drilling wells and Workover.
- Provide quality control for all geologic data collected during the drilling and related activities.
- Working closely with the subsurface interdisciplinary asset teams, and drilling direction.
- Data sharing.
- Organization of visits for core studies at CRD level.
- The Op7erations Geologist is responsible for the acquisition of essential data for use by all asset team members and management.
- The operations geologist shall also be responsible for delivery of the useful products from the data
gathering activities, including all digital, written, and hardcopy exhibits, in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate technical representation for the asset team for meetings with other organisations.
- Participate in geologic data acquisition planning.
- Organize and facilitate the storage of cores at the CRD-SH level and follow the basic analysis process, as well as any other request from the Reservoir Management.
- Coordinate technical work of outside contractors.
- Reception and quality control of data and documents provided by service providers (final well
report, well logs, CD).
- Organization of meetings relating to the various activities of companies and SQMs relating to the
various problems encountered during the execution of the services provided by the contractor.
- Continue professional liaisons outside the company to keep technically current with methodology and technology in the industry.
- Coordination of flight reservations for the movement of staff working on the Rigs.
- Verification of site tickets and monitoring of service company contracts.
Candidate requirements :
- Engineering degree in Petroleum Geology.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the conduct of operations as a Geologist.
- Very good knowledge of the Geolite software, used by the geological operations team.
- Very good command of English and French.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment in 4×4 system.