Hardware Engineering InternInternship
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
Your focus will be on assisting the development and testing of hardware, specifically hardware related to both our space-based communications payloads as well as ground-based assets. We are looking for exceptional candidates with the below experience along with any unique abilities that could be used to augment our hardware team.
- Design schematics and PCB layout:
- Own new designs from start to finish or iterate on existing designs based on new feature requests and lessons learnt including switch mode power supplies, high-speed design, and analog design.
- Assist with part selection and new project scoping and architecture.
- Participate in design reviews for all active designs.
- Perform functional and performance testing on individual boards or integrated sub-systems as part of prototype bring-up, including the development of test boards.
- Participate in pathfinding activities, new process planning, and design specification development.
- 2+ years in an engineering degree program.
- Significant involvement in a hardware design project (schematic and PCB) outside of class.
- Experience with one or more CAD tools (Altium, Eagle, Allegro, KiCad, Upverter, etc.)
- Comfortable in a lab environment and experience using standard tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, VNAs, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with little supervision.