• Ensure the achievement of the Production operation of the field in accordance with the forecasts approved by Government Authority.
• Effectively plan all field activities, including Safety, Production, Maintenance, Well services, Logistic, and Administrative in compliance with Asset Management System, environmental, legislative requirements, and SSHE instructions.
• Ensure regular monitoring of the operation of the facilities and the execution of the works.
• Exploit the producing wells and injectors, carry out the well intervention when required.
• Contribute to study for the facilities performance improvement
• Facilitate communication, coordination with multi-discipline for the success of Project
• Ensure good planning and scheduling of works
• Ensure compliance with hygiene and safety rules
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure that Production and Maintenance operation are performed safely.
• Deal with any incident that occurs on the facilities and make timely decisions.
• Planning and coordinating to ensure adequate resources for all Production and Well services operation
• Being an operations site representative at the Construction area(s) and responsible for commissioning & start-up activities on behalf of the Production Operations Department.
• Participates in setting up, updating and distributing rules and safety instructions for the field and ensuring their application.
• Supervise the implementation of the Operations and Maintenance contract for the asset.
• Develop and manage the planned budget for Production and Well services operation
• Ensure the supply of its structure in products necessary for the operation of the facilities such as Production chemicals, consumable, etc
• Manage the well operations team, Control room operation, which involving the various departments responsible for well operations.
• Prepare / Negotiate new contracts to support Production and Well services operation, communicate conflicting clauses when needed to the hierarchy.
• Coordinate with other support structures all activities to achieve maximum efficiency in operations.
• Approve and control any changes or modification to all production facilities
• Study and approve the well intervention program forwell performance improvement.
• Ensure Operations & Maintenance manuals are ready to use in Day to Day operations
• Consolidates and budgets the needs of the department for:
o Its rational use
o Its development
• Participate in the establishment of permanent procedures and instructions related to Production operation.
• Notify Operations managers of unforeseen gaps in day to day operations and propose for rectification
• Ensure periodic evaluation of staff performance and development actions accordingly.
• Liaise with the Operations manager and Human resources manager to assist with planned recruitment, skills gap analysis, training needs analysis, and training execution, as required.
• To train, develop and mentor all Production Department staff in order to improve job competency
• Ensure all latest updated technical documentation are available onsite and/or via online, e.g. key drawing, Operation and Maintenance manuals and technical journals
• Keeps up-to-date technical documentation for production optimization or production enhancement activities
• Supervise all personnel including third parties to ensure work comply with relevant procedures such as SSHE andOperation standard procedures.
• Cultivate ownership of equipment and tools to ensure availability and reliability
• Manage team competence development and performance.
• Good management and problem solving skills
Continuous Professional Development
• Keep abreast of relevant latest technology development to be considered for possible implementation at work place.
• Considering for Cost optimization VS Best efficiency
3. KEY AUTHORITIES
• Signatory to certify onshore pre-commissioning/ commissioning activities
• Responsible for Production reporting system and production report for either Internal and External
• Approver of subordinates timesheet, extra day, overtime, leaves
• Approver of Contractor’s report and time sheet
4. SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the Production Manager are:
• Promote active safety awareness in the Production Department, Monitor and ensure compliance with Management of Change (MOC) and Company’s SSHE procedures.
• Undertake safety Operating envelop of plant, equipment, machinery and process.
• Work towards achieving the MOC Health and Safety Objectives.
• Ensure a complete competent in the MOC Permit To work System Procedures.
• Report all accident, incidents, near-misses and dangerous occurrences to Operations manager immediately.
• Ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery is operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and Operation &Maintenance manual.
• Ensure that any changes or minor modification to any plant, equipment or machinery are via Engineering Work request Procedure and that all documentation is complete.
• Support Operations manager during emergency response and be able to handling emergency situation
• Master Degree or Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Petroleum Science, Engineering (Production of Hydrocarbons) or relevant technical experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Hydrocarbon production industry environment in a Productionand Well engineering management
• Broad knowledge and competent in oil and gas production facilities and processing
• Broad knowledge of Project, Construction and Commissioning activities, with previous experience in one or more Algeria construction sites.
• Experience working in the Dessert environment,
• Control of Major Emergencies training
• Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
• Physical and / or intellectual effort
• Be able to travelling for company’s business
• Have knowledge of business drivers affecting MOC
• Managing on Job Training (OJT) and knowledge transfer/ Coaching
• Experience with training and transfer of knowledge in support of nationalization programs.