About the role :
Are you a Senior Hydraulics Engineer with a passion for ensuring safe and reliable liquid pipeline operations? If so, this could be an excellent opportunity for you!
The position will focus on providing direction and technical hydraulic engineering expertise for hydraulic design for our Liquids Pipelines (LP) assets.
- Conduct and/or review steady state / transient hydraulic studies for both mainlines and terminals; as it relates to operational changes, optimization opportunities and projects for Liquids assets.
- Provide engineering recommendations to mitigate overpressure risk, while coordinating these changes through Project Gating Cycle or Management of Change process.
- Maintain and improve knowledge level with current process and hydraulics engineering standard methodologies, while supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze critical process safety information and operating data to drive technical recommendations and improve hydraulic studies.
Candidate requirements :
- 7-year minimum of progressively sophisticated hydraulic engineering experience.
- Engineering degree and Professional Engineering designation in Alberta P Eng. Preference for Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven senior level technical competence in hydraulic design and engineering within the oil & gas industry.
- Experience with hydraulic modelling software such as Synergie Pipeline Simulator (SPS) and AFT Fathom.
- Effective verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong at relationship building and stakeholder engagement.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, growth mindset, ability to multi-task and demonstrate analytical thinking.