About The Role:
Provides technical and operational support of the Business LAN network at assigned refinery and field locations. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. The position must work collaboratively with multi -disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems and champion compliance & change efforts which result in improved reliability & security of infrastructure services.
- Primary responsibilities include network administration and troubleshooting for Layer 2 switching with some occasional Layer 3 work, monitoring network device health and identifying issues using common industry toolsets including identifying and analyzing security issues, planning and implementing hardware refresh of network equipment, maintaining up-to-date documentation for the network and creating and presenting documentation for capital and expense projects.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location. The employee will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- This position works extensively with the virtual Refining IT Network team as well as Corporate Enterprise Network Services therefore strong communication skills and adherence to company standard practices are required.
- Daily activities may also include network device backup administration, performance tuning, change control administration, network security detection administration, formulating continuous improvement opportunities, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Studies and analyzes business problems and assists in deriving and evaluating alternative solutions.
- Applies appropriate methodologies to ensure a timely and cost-effective solution to business problems.
- Develops a working understanding of other important information technology tools and utilizes such tools to enhance the quality of work performed or services provided.
- Develops the expertise needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of changes to the specialized systems that result in solving specific business problems. Recommends improvements to take advantage of technical changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent related experience recommended but not required
- Three years of experience in an information technology or business-related field