About The Role:
As a Pricing Analyst Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to review and research the pricing of our services compared to the published or disclosed prices of competitors in the marketplace. Your focus will be on creating profitable rates for new and existing customers based on customer shipping patterns, profile characteristics and a competitive environment. At XPO, our talented Pricing leaders will help you learn, grow and gain valuable experience, setting you on the path to a successful and rewarding career.
- Gain understanding and experience with various functions of the transportation and logistics industry by seeking opportunities to learn new skills and information
- Review pricing and understand contract and tariff applications
- Gain understanding of different pricing scenarios to rate shipments and compare net results
- Participate in projects in the areas of logistics, transportation, shipping patterns and cost analysis
- Request customer profiles and update cost model accordingly
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes
- Develop hands-on experience with continuous improvement projects; utilize and enhance your problem-solving skills while contributing to special assignments
- High school diploma or equivalent, and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Solid attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Solid organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Energetic work style with a solid drive to succeed.
- Self-motivated instincts with the ability to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment and consult with team members/management as needed.