Intern, Property AcquisitionsFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Metrolinx Intern Program is designed to offer new graduates the opportunity to gain valuable experience by working on projects that guide us forward through our collaborative, inclusive work environment. Upon successful completion of the program, there is the opportunity to be offered a permanent placement.
- Assisting in the acquisition of real estate and property rights to support Metrolinx’s LRT transit infrastructure projects.
- Supporting the evaluation and analysis of opportunities for mixed-use high-density development at GO and LRT stations across the network, including evaluating development potential, reviewing planning policy, and researching market activity
- Helping complete design and financial analyses, and other assessments to help analyze new development opportunities on Metrolinx properties
- Monitoring city policies, market trends, and the overall competitive landscape as related to development opportunities
- Supporting jurisdictional research relevant to projects and development standards
- Supporting information flow across projects with Metrolinx teams, by participating in meetings and supporting coordination activities
- Completion of a degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Design, Urban Studies, Architecture, Real Estate or a related discipline in the last 2 years
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation skills
- Ability to analyze information and interpret complex issues
- Team player demonstrating an ability to work within cross-functional teams in a support role.
- Highly organized and flexible with an ability to support project management.
- Capacity for problem-solving, taking initiative, and proactively addressing issues, working within a team environment.
- Highly skilled in exercising tact, initiative, and resourcefulness to draft, negotiate, or amend agreements and contracts
- Knowledge of real estate practices and principles, land titles; commercial leasing, property appraisals, negotiations, acquisitions and dispositions
- Technical proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Additional technical design skills, including knowledge of SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. will be considered an asset.
- Must be available in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area for a June 5, 2023 start date