About the role :
The International Business Leader is responsible for the (further) development of markets on an international level, including the identification of market opportunities and portfolio gaps. Leads and manages the International Business Team (IBT) for the assigned Diagnostics (Dia) product(s). Acts as the global commercial expert on the assigned product(s); responsible for leading the organisation to make the best possible commercial decisions that maximise both patient benefit and commercial value of the assigned product(s). Acts as a standing member of the respective lifecycle team (LCT) and may be a standing or ad hoc member of other cross-functional teams. Accountable for the business strategy, plans, global positioning, branding guidelines, core messages, etc. for assigned product(s). Establishes the annual brand plan for the assigned product(s). Drives the global commercial strategy and business plan to ensure timely, on target and within budget execution. Ensures appropriate and qualified resources on the IBT(s) and global business teams to deliver against the IBT/business team goals. Ensures IBT brand performance by monitoring, benchmarking, and challenging IBT countries in partnership with regional leads. Strives to ensure aligned global, regional and affiliate strategic action plans. Develops and manages the global marketing budget for assigned product(s). Leads and oversees timely, on target launch readiness plans and execution, competitive readiness strategies, and ongoing communications with key markets. Selects, develops and evaluates employees ensuring the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Creates and sets the long term strategic vision for the Life Cycle Team
- Develops and implements the Global Marketing Plan. Develops and implements all marketing elements of the Plan. Periodically refines the strategic business, launch and marketing plans
- Manages the rolling global LCT marketing budget. Recommends budgetary adjustments in response to internal/external influences
- Serves as the global marketing / business function lead on the LCT and heads the International Business Team (IBT) & the primary point of contact for affiliates & other business areas for questions about the overall LCT/IBT product portfolio
- Is accountable for the commercial success and systematic development of the respective product portfolio
- Acts as key interface for portfolio related topics across all stakeholders
- Leads, coaches and manages employees while enabling and fostering their development. Cultivate a Great Place to Work
- Identifies new market opportunities and manages market risks ; manages the execution of all business-related plans – including branding, positioning, message strategy, pricing, PR/Communications, publications, congresses, etc.
Candidate requirements :
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Life Science e.g. MSc ideally combined with a MBA
- 5+ years progressive related global business and commercial experience in leadership positions preferably in diagnostics/medical devices eg. healthcare providers, IVD industry and/ or laboratories
- Brings strong leadership & people management skills, consistently demonstrating the Roche Leadership Commitments applying VACC
- Is able to lead and influence internal cross-functional matrix teams and senior stakeholders, including senior leadership across business areas, global functions (in regions and affiliates), building vision and strategy, driving and influencing others for results
- Has excellent analytical skills and ability to address topics in a structured manner, strong communication skills
- Normal “process driven” product concept, product delivery
- Contributes to LCT overall business plan
- Leads IPM team covering mostly on-market products and evolutionary products (in development)
- Is accountable for cross LCT business strategy
- Is able to proxy for an LCL on some topics
- Leads organizational level initiatives across LCTs
- Brings 5-10 years global business experience