Junior Project CoordinatorFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
- Working with the project delivery team, the Junior Project Coordinator will assist in coordinating projects through all stages of design and construction in terms of function, quality, budget, schedule and approvals – Ensure compliance with Metrolinx’s Engineering Standards.
- Administering consulting agreements and construction contracts for the maintenance, rehabilitation and expansion of Metrolinx’s network and infrastructure.
- Assist in the coordination of engineering projects with external agencies to ensure compliance with legislation, codes and the requirements of the governing/regulatory authorities.
- Identifying and recommending physical infrastructure projects with respect to rehabilitation of Metrolinx facilities and coordinating the implementation of approved projects.
- Forecast and report capital project expenditures such as consultant fees, purchase orders, construction contracts and change orders. Coordinate engineering consultant services for the design and execution of infrastructure projects for new construction and upgrades to Railway, Stations, Parking, Structures, Track and Signal infrastructure.
- Monitors and controls the quality of design and construction services and to coordinate construction administration contracts as well as construction contractors for physical infrastructure project delivery – Ensure all internal and external approvals are obtained.
- Participates in the development of estimates for project engineering, construction and contingency costs, and project schedules
- Prepare, coordinate and submit specifications for construction and consultant contracts for tendering and procurement of design and construction services. Ensures project documentation is tracked and kept up to date.
- Perform site reviews/audits to ensure contractors and consultants are working in compliance with their contracts with an emphasis on maintaining a safe working environment.
- Prepare performance evaluation, cost analysis and lessons learned for consultants and contractors.
- Community college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing a thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of engineering/architecture.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience related to the design and construction of transit or similar public facilities, interpreting and applying contract plans and specifications and co-ordinating contracted engineering projects.
- Knowledge of project management, including cost control, scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, corporate policies and procedures, and applicable contract legislation with an understanding of Railway Rules and Regulations and Safety & Operating procedures.
- Good communication, negotiation and analytical skills with the ability to work independently. Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications.
- A valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence and successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training and certification required by corporate policy.