About the role:
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
the Key Account Manager Builds long-term relationships with all stakeholders in the account, creating trust and confidence at all levels of the organization,
- Understands in detail the account’s short-term tactics and long-term strategy. Develops a holistic understanding of the needs of all account stakeholders and maintains a clear record of these in given tools (Gold Sheet / Blue Sheet).
- Accountable to lead the definition and implementation of a comprehensive strategic account plan for each key account, leveraging information provided by all internal departments (especially Marketing, Service and Medical Value).
- Accountable to meet established sales quotas and profitability goals for the key account based on the underlying account strategy (grow share-of-wallet, customer retention) and a detailed understanding of the account’s profit and loss condition; generates and successfully negotiates new sales opportunities in the account.
- Accurately monitors, reports and follows up on account performance in terms of volume and sales forecasts, inventory levels and credit balance. Prepares and delivers excellent management presentations to regularly inform about the status of key account projects and performance.
- Actively leads the effective collaboration and alignment across the entire organization (“One Roche”) to meet key account objectives and service requirements; maintains permanent communication and facilitates information exchange with all internal areas as well as external partners (Customer Support, Marketing, IT, Supply Chain, Finance, Medical, Distributors, Roche Pharma, etc.).
- Achieves and maintains excellent knowledge levels, technical capabilities and selling skills; responsible to keep current on relevant matters including company policies and compliance procedures.
- Builds a profound understanding of environmental factors, including competitor, industry and healthcare trends, to gauge and consider their impact in key account plans.
- Efficiently maintains relevant internal systems (e.g. REXIS) and other sales support tools.
- Bachelor * s degree, preferably in a science or related field from an accredited university; higher education (e.g. MBA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of progressive sales, marketing, or operations experience (e.g. B2B account management experience), preferably within the healthcare environment (diagnostics, medical equipment or similar); experience in management of large multinational accounts and complex projects are a plus.
- Track record of successfully planning, negotiating, closing and implementing sustainable deals based on strategic 360° analyses of customer needs; experience with Professional Selling Skills approach is a plus
- Conceptual and strategic mindset with excellent business acumen; solid analytical and financial skills, excellent communication and presentation skills (Spanish/Portuguese and English), as
- well as systems experience, including but not limited to: MS Office applications, SAP; Salesforce.com (or other financial and CRM systems)
- Proven ability to lead and coach a cross-functional team; excellent social skills to manage conflicts, to motivate and influence in a matrix organization and to develop strong customer relationships
- Resilient and self-motivated, driven by challenge and continuous learning, proactive orientation towards results and decisions; proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning / management and process improvement skills; project management, six-sigma quality, and lean certifications are a plus