About the role:
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Lead Engineer to join our Data Delivery team.
As a Lead Engineer you’ll not only be joining a great team – you’ll be joining a large community of Data professionals, with the scale and ambition to keep growing. And right now, our Data community is on an exciting journey. Harnessing the power of Data is a strategic priority across the bank, which is why we have a roadmap in place to make us New Zealand’s leading Data driven organisation. There’s a constant drive to push the boundaries of how data and analytics are applied – we’re serious about letting our data professionals use their skills to deliver meaningful impact. Being part of ANZ means playing a part in this change and shaping the future of data at the bank – which means lots of opportunity to broaden your skill set and progress your data career.
- Be a Lead Engineer within the Data Delivery. This will include Data Warehousing, ETL platforms and other data provisioning solutions.
- Collaborate closely with other Lead Engineers, Platform Leads, Architecture, Scrum teams and other stakeholders to ensure solutions meet customer expectations.
- Manage the lifecycle of the platforms, ensuring they remain fit for purpose, well-supported, and stable.
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure solutions align with the architectural strategy.
- Nurture a growth mindset and curiosity within our teams.
- Ensure all elements of the solutions are operationally and economically viable.
- Embed clear technical governance and quality assurance standards.
- Identify, lead and implement continuous improvement through automation, DevOps and agile ways of working.
- Actively research industry trends, standards and strategy, offering technical insights and direction.
- Ideally you will be someone who has an understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment of Data Applications.
- Have been in a technical leadership role.
- Technically proficient in data solutions and data management processes.
- Have sound experience in a complex, multi-system product development.
- Technically led agile teams and experience in embedding a collaborative culture of continuous improvement.
- Extensive experience in design and development within leadership roles.
- Have navigated complex multi-factorial scenarios in both known and unknown technologies.
- Up-hold a growth mind-set and ethos.