About the role :
Reporting to the Thermal Operations Coordinator, the Lead Plant Operator is accountable for providing the plant operations team with daily direction in order to operate in a safe, efficient, and environmentally conscious manner. The Lead Plant Operator will provide leadership in identifying and implementing ideas which will improve productivity, efficiency, and safe operations. This position is a developmental position for individuals that exhibit leadership skills and supervisory potential. Individuals in this role should be willing to progress to the Day Lead/ Coordinator position.
- Coordinate daily operation and maintenance of the plant and provide coordination during regular operations, turnarounds and upsets. Promote a collaborative team environment across site operations.
- Troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Company guidelines.
- Review condition monitoring daily production including sampling and testing per area responsibilities. Confirm accuracy of area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits, and required reports) Provide plant status reports, as required to Site Leadership and authorized personnel.
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training, and assessments to area employees. Ensure team members receive all required training to do their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Actively involved in communication with Maintenance, Engineering, and outside services on a daily basis. Manage all activities associated with turnarounds, commissioning and start up projects.
- Perform Loss Management functions such as incident reporting, environmental reporting, etc.
Candidate requirements :
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 3rd class power engineering (Preference towards candidates with a 2nd Class or progression towards completion)
- Strong knowledge in SAGD operations including Wells, Oil Battery, Steam Plant, and Water Plant
- Experienced in applicable energy industry Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Acts; design and construction practices; pressure and rotating equipment; electrical; instrumentation and controls; and operating process principles
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Computer Centralized Maintenance System (CCMS), SAP is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas production accompanied by a superior safety attitude