About the role :
The Logistics Manager is responsible for last mile logistics of ground fuels for BP retail sites and wholesale customers, including operations and relationship management with carriers, additives suppliers and third party logistics service providers (3PL).
- Single Point of Accountability for the last-mile logistics (from loading terminal to retail sites) and for additive distribution.
- Definition of optimal fleet and staging facilities per business needs. Relationship management with Truck carriers, including contract negotiation, performance management and product loss mitigation.
- Maintain adequate operational control including monitoring of performance as well as continuous analysis and improvement of key logistics processes. Implement new operational strategies for cost reduction and improving effectiveness.
- Guarantee the delivery of a reliable and consistent service in line with business needs ensuring alignment with supported Businesses in order to achieve effective order-to-delivery processes.
- Manage Safe Operations as per BPs HSE and Group S&OR agenda including Operational risk management, ensuring asset operational integrity and security through implementation of adequate BP standards by competent staff.
- All these activities in accordance with the BP Code of Conduct
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics or administrative studies
- 7+ years experience in supply chain, logistics, particularly in road transport, chemicals/fuels transport desired
- Ability to effectively lead and influence
- Contract management and negotiation
- Analytic and modeling skills desired (good management of Excel, intermediate to advanced)
- Customer focus
- SAP desired
- Performance management
- Knowledge of the fuels industry (understanding of logistics landscape, contact network, hazardous materials, compliance requirements)
- Excellent communications skills in English and Spanish (verbal and written)
- Previous experience / Network of contacts within Fuels transportation industry in Mexico desired.