About the role :
This position will report to the Director of Business Development, and work closely with the portfolio’s Senior Management team in continuing the company’s success in identifying and qualifying acquisition opportunities. You will be successful if you are a true people-person, inherently curious, and have a passion for creating and maintaining relationships.
- Conduct industry and competitive research to identify vertical market software businesses that meet our strategic criteria and specific metrics;
- Engage with target business owners, shareholders and senior executives regarding the potential acquisition of their business;
- Effectively communicate Jonas’ investment strategy, while ensuring that the investment process is handled with care and professionalism;
- Develop and grow a deal pipeline through outbound sales efforts i.e. email, phone, conferences, trade shows and professional contacts while engaging regularly with existing leads in our database;
- Track activities and maintain relevant information in Salesforce CRM;
- Generate and report on leads, set up qualified appointments and move opportunities through the M&A pipeline.
- Make recommendations to the senior leadership team of Jonas Software to pursue new targets or to enter new and adjacent markets
Candidate requirements :
- Co-op or full-time experience in a similar role is considered an asset. Any experience in corporate/business development, deal sourcing or sales is helpful.
- A completed undergraduate degree/diploma (business or other) and an interest in business development is required.
- Aptitude and passion for lead generation and mining of new business opportunities
- Demonstrated success in researching, prospecting, cold calling, pipeline management, and general sales process