About the role :
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. We’re looking for a mail platform engineer to help us shape the future direction of Mail on iOS and macOS. Your impact will extend beyond Mail, as you help drive the iOS and macOS platforms forward.
In this role, you’ll help us develop new, innovative Mail features while taking existing features to the next level. This role will require working at all layers of the application stack to deliver results, and you will have substantial collaboration with other engineers on the team as you tackle complex problems. You will collaborate with the Mail Experience and Protocols teams, the WebKit team, other iOS application and framework teams. Our ideal candidate is imaginative and self-motivated, and cares deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
Candidate requirements :
- Strong object-oriented programming experience.
- Highly productive, and excitement for working on products with large user bases.
- Attention to detail, and a passion for producing professional code.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment focused on learning.
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues by digging into lower levels of the stack.
- Knowledge of Internet Mail standards (MIME, IMAP, SMTP, POP, etc) is a plus, but not a requirement.