About the role:
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering reliability and maintenance activities, using sound technical and analytical capabilities to provide guidance on the best approach to ensure the safety, efficiency and reliability of operations.
- Responsible for planning and execution performance of sites engineered maintenance projects in conformance to bp’s technical/site practices and compliant with local and national regulations
- Embed the terminal HSE&C requirements into the engineered maintenance projects, champion bp’s Safety Leadership Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Conformance to T&P’s Projects & Engineered Maintenance Small Projects Process on assigned projects and successful delivery of project assurance requirements and proper CVP stage gate reviews and approvals
- Stakeholder Management: Works closely with terminal manager/operations/HSE-C/contractors and technical engineering staff with: clear and frequent communications, setting clear expectations and progress on assigned projects
- Financial performance: Accountable for accurate monthly and annual project forecasts and schedules on all assigned engineered maintenance projects
- Support internal and external audits and inspections. Address identified gaps, findings and drive to timely closure
- Responsible for contractor performance on maintenance projects. Lead project kick-off, performance discussions and post project lessons learned meetings.
- Implement bp guidance, standards and recommendations for Engineered Maintenance & inspection activities. Lead the MOC process for Engineered Maintenance through the MoC lifecycle. Drive consistency by implementing locally the best practices from other bp terminals and technical services organization
- Work closely with terminal operations, bp Solutions/site projects to input into the multi-year investment plan
- Active member of terminals emergency response team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- French: Fluent
- English: Proficient in reading and writing, able to interact with the Discipline team lead internationally based Chicago (USA)
- Minimum 5 years maintenance and inspection experience in the oil and gas industry required.
- Experience with contractor management required
- Proven experience in implementing inspection plans & programs
- Good understanding of codes, regulations, and standards
- Organized with good interpersonal/teamwork and communication skills
- Self-motivation, initiative, and autonomy
- Strong HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) culture