Mechanical EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
As member of the group ‘Equipment Design & Supply’, you will be in charge of the following activities in close relation with the project managers, customers and suppliers.
- Purchase of mechanical equipment (valves, valve actuators, pumps, compressors, handling equipment,…) and their spare parts:
- Technical expertise and definition of the needs;
- Preparation of the documents for call for tenders – technical requisition file, requirements in relation to quality assurance, commercial documents…;
- Technical review and analysis of the supplier’s bids;
- Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers;
- Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on site.
- Sizing studies for valve actuators;
- Assistance to customers in mechanical expertise, in particularly for valves, pumps and valve actuators;
- Qualification of equipment by study or by test campaigns;
- Detailed design of mechanical equipment;
- Manufacturing follow-up of equipment in close cooperation with the quality surveillance section and with the customer;
- Assisting the project manager and the customer in meetings and technical discussions with the safety authorities.
- Mechanical / Electromechanical engineer with experience in the engineering sector;
- Professional knowledge in speaking English, French and Dutch;
- Fluent in reading and writing in English (required) and Dutch or French (at least one of both);
- Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
- Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation notes and technical specifications;
- Knowledge in materials, manufacturing, maintenance and quality assurance is an asset;
- Ready to work abroad (Europe) and at the customer’s premises for short or long missions.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD programs is an asset;
- Methodical, accurate, solution minded, communicative, team-player skills;
- Computer skills: excel, access, …