Mechanical TechnicianFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing complex mechanical functions and duties including inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and reliable equipment performance. Possesses a high level of skills and is qualified to direct others, lead projects, perform the most complex troubleshooting and repair tasks. May oversee contractors. Mentors and trains less skilled employees.
- Performs complex troubleshooting and root cause analysis of recurring issues\failures on reciprocating engines, compressors, pumps, and associated components.
- Provides Quality Assurance\Quality Control over 3rd Party contractors performing major maintenance.
- Provides informal leadership and guidance in support of MWP excellence.
- Maintains and repairs engines, compressors and associated components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintains and repairs of pumps and associated components, such as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil and gas operations experience is required. Employees typically have three or more years of experience in oil and gas operations specializing in mechanical maintenance; however, people with less experience may be hired into training roles.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team