About the role :
The mechanical technician will apply Mechanical knowledge and skills to repair, remove, install, troubleshoot, and repair, both rotating and fixed equipment in the liquids pipeline and gathering systems field using industry best practices and Company SOPs.
- Under general supervision, perform inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of pumping and other mechanical and hydraulic equipment over segments of pipeline system, at pump stations and delivery facilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties while being proficient with the installation/removal of rotating equipment including rigging and laser alignment.
- Maintain various, valves, and valve operators and similar equipment; hydraulic hoses, rigs and loading arms.
- Must use and operate all pertinent safety equipment when performing duties in potentially hazardous areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, etc.).
- Display workmanship consistent with industry standards, company work practices, applicable codes and/or engineering drawings and sketches.
- Maintain safe and healthful working conditions by exercising sound judgment, complying with all industry safety regulations and standards, and keep current with changing industry regulation and standards
Candidate requirements :
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree in Mechanics and or Machining from an accredited college, university or vocational school or industry experience preferred
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- Level C requires a minimum of 0 – 2 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
- Level B requires a minimum of 2 – 4 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
- Level a requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
- Must be proficient with small bore piping, tubing, blinding, and torqueing applications. Able to perform DOT pressure calibrations of trip and pressure relief valves and activators.
- Possess basic computer literacy skills utilizing MS Office Suite, Internet Explorer etc.
- Able to read, and work with mechanical blue-prints, vendor drawings, specification data sheets, piping drawings, and P&ID drawings.
- Must be able to climb tanks and be able to work out of doors in extreme weather and perform heavy physical labor including lifting of up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and relevant codes.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; good organizational skills.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license for the state of residence.
- Must maintain current medical examiners card
- Must be able to pass a skills test.