About The Role:
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing complex mechanical functions and duties including inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and reliable equipment performance. Possesses a high level of skills and is qualified to direct others, lead projects, perform the most complex troubleshooting and repair tasks. May oversee contractors. Mentors and trains less skilled employees.
- Performs complex troubleshooting and root cause analysis of recurring issues\failures on reciprocating engines, compressors, pumps, and associated components.
- Provides Quality Assurance\Quality Control over 3rd Party contractors performing major maintenance.
- Provides informal leadership and guidance in support of MWP excellence.
- Maintains and repairs engines, compressors and associated components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintains and repairs other mechanical equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve actuators, etc.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Respond to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work safely around various types of rotating equipment.