About the role :
Within a department linked to the heart of the network, the telecom and network technician works under the authority of the network engineers.
Intervention at the level of the connection and the equipment:
- Installation of new network equipment and necessary cabling.
- Detection and resolution of problems on the network hardware or implementation of a workaround solution if the problem requires the analysis of a network expert.
Installation and configuration of network equipment:
- Install and configure equipment on the network (voice, data, video, etc.)
Network security analysis:
- Contribute to the preparation of reports by gathering information.
- Ensure the application of procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of network repositories.
Candidate requirements :
- Knowledge of the fiber environment
- Main types of optical and copper connection
- Hardware and software equipment (routers, hubs, switches)
- Network protocols
- Test equipment (especially optical)
- DWDM knowledge
- Analytical skills