As a Sales Engineer, you will work directly with Technical Sales teams as a machine learning subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help customers to leverage specialized machine learning (ML) hardware developed by Google (e.g., Tensor Processing Unit). In this role, you will work closely with customers and product development to shape the TPU platform.
– Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
– Provide in-depth machine learning expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work. Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
– Work directly with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
– Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
– Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Skills & Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
– Experience in virtualization or cloud-native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
– Experience with big data, machine learning, and numerical programming frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Python, MATLAB).
– Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.